[IRCA] Alaska AM DX 12/12/2016

1915UTC

The noise level was a bit lower today and signals were slightly better but
not by much. Pyongyang 657 and 873 were missing and splatter from 300 mile
distant 660 KFAR would've killed Pyongyang 657 anyways.

1566 HLAZ was much weaker then usual and way fade-y, but I also tuned in a
bit later then usual today so they could've changed directions with their 6
tower array, resulting in the weaker signal.

AFN 810 The Eagle Tokyo was on the low side of fair, not the worst I've
ever heard them but far from the best. 810 audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXkdJV01Qdc

909 was pretty weak and noisy but probably understandable by a native
speaker. I don't recall having heard anything here before. 909 audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTb6PAYFqSw

954 and 1053 sounded like they were running the same programming. 954 had a
bit less noise and was a bit mroe understandable.  954 audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgITgq2WZNE 1053 audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTb6PAYFqSw

1134 was pretty good and about the second least noisiest signal. 1134 audio
here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gD7cEW9Ok

1242 Tokyo was by far the best. Strong, fairly clean, mostly noise free,
steady signal. 1242 audio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_2t82lC6KM

1314 was pretty good as well, a bit of noisy but fairly to pretty
listenable. 1314 audio here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjS7zwNoYD0

1422 was good, not too noisy. 1422 Audio here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owiX-1kYviU

Paul Walker
Galena, Alaska
Grundig Sattelit 750