Re: [IRCA] 23rd Oct West Coast first look...

Was quite good, and all Asian here earlier (1200 UTC), but something
happened and the Asians had vanished by 1300.

FWIW, there was a momentary blip of something this morning when VK4YB's
70W WSPR signal rose to aural CW levels for 4 minutes.
I've been running a CW sked with him on 630m on favorable mornings and
this was the strongest he has ever been in several weeks now.

I think it was likely a short shot of some high-angled arrival before dropping back to normal levels (-23 or weaker) as I have a very close 600' obstruction immediately to my west
that his signal needs to drop-in over top of.

Steve

WEB - "The VE7SL Radio Notebook":  http://members.shaw.ca/ve7sl

VE7SL BLOG - "Homebrewing and Operating Adventures From 2200m to Nanowaves": http://ve7sl.blogspot.ca/