Re: [IRCA] Oklahoma TP DX 10/13/16

Thank you Gary.  John told me DU reception was possible here, especially around the equinoxes.  He mentioned 5AN-891 should be one of the easiest.  But that's difficult due to nearby KTLR-890, (1 kW) Oklahoma City, as well as 50 kW powerhouse 50 kW WLS is often heard after sunrise here.  It does kick up one hell of a heterodyne many mornings.  John and Kirk Allen were avid Indonesia tropical band DXers.

I doubt DU reception would be possible on a barefoot ULR.  It needs a good antenna such as a FSL.  Yesterday I heard JOUB on the same SRF-T615 used to hear it the first time in 2008.  The signal was better than then.

The best of DX to you.

Richard.

Sent from my iPad