[IRCA] S. AZ TPs Friday 10/7

LF beacons were poor today so I did more MW checks. Even during peak period signals seemed poor. But 1566 HLAZ was the star again with huge sync AM-locking signals from about 1330-1340 utc.

I have a domestic station on 1710 I've been trying to get, past couple weeks. It's best in the morning until about 30 minutes past sunrise. N/S wire gets it. Tape seems to run about a minute or so, repeating over and over. I get bits and pieces of audio now and then. Appears to be a store.( I didn't know car radios would tune that high.) "overnight shipping", "everyone is welcome at", "you're listening to xxxxxxxxx radio". Perseus shows a couple of carriers on 1710, strongest at -15 Hz which I assume is the one I'm hearing.

Steve AA7U

near Sahuarita, AZ

R75; 140' west DKAZ + FLG-100 preamp

594 very poor 1328 utc

747 very poor/poor 1329 utc

774 very poor/poor 1329 utc

882 very poor 1330 utc

972 very poor 1331 utc

1566 HLAZ medium/loud 1332 utc finally fading 1345. (1247 utc medium)