[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, September 30-October 6, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page51

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

** MEXICO [and non]. 550, Sept 30 at 0147, M&W conversing in strange language, soon recognizable as Low German, sort of like Dutch; mentions El Paso. Has to be the Chihuahuan with Mennonite programming, XEPL, Ciudad CuauhtÃmoc, 5000/150 watts. At first dominant, from SW/NE, but soon losing out to KTRS with 314-area code and other St Louis ads (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 620, Sept 30 at 1202, after NA, opening `Amanecer NorteÃo`, at 6-7 am on 91.7 & 620, i.e. XEBU, Chihuahua2, supposedly 5000/250 watts. Dominant signal at SRS and often elsewhen (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 650, UT Mon Oct 3 at 0336, `La Hora Nacional` talking about Facebook; audible with WSM nulled, and peaks from SW, so very likely XETNT, Los Mochis, Sinaloa, with that state`s addendum to the national LHN. There are nine other XEs on 650, but it seems XETNT is the only one I ever hear. There is a beep as transition every minute or so, outro segment as having come from La Suprema Corte de la NaciÃn, why? 0338 into song, and now I am hearing the same music under KCSP on 610, i.e. sibling station in Guasave, Sinaloa, XEGS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Sept 30 at 1224 UT, M&W alternating with news from Milenio network, loops SW. Most likely XEGD, Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, 5/1 kW. They do have news hours in the morning, but no mention of Milenio as a source at
http://lapoderosadeparral.com.mx/programacion.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, Oct 5 at 0559, romantic music in Spanish from SW, hardly any WLW to compete from opposite direxion. 0600 into brief choral NA, 0601 full ID for 25 kW on 90.3, 5 kW on 700, street address, phone numbers from ``XEGD, La Poderosa de Parral``, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 730, Oct 2 at 1227, Suprema Corte federal PSA, two SS stations; 1229, ``La Ranchera 97.3`` from one of them which leads to: XESOS, Agua Prieta, Sonora, 2000/300 watts. Have heard it occasionally, but rarely vs 50/1 kW XEHB Parral, Chihuahua (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 740, UT Mon Oct 3 at 0350, same cantante segment as just heard on 780 from `Coahuila en la Hora Nacional`, so this is XEQN TorreÃn, 10/1 kW --- and the one making that horrible low audible heterodyne against KRMG Tulsa, which is overridden when nulled as much as possible. Take that, Rush repeat! They can`t get enough of that SOB at KRMG (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, Sept 30 at 1226, federal PSA for Canal del Congreso (on cable?? TV?), ads, Grupo ChÃvez promo, i.e. XEREV, Los Mochis, Sinaloa, listed 5000/100 watts, another one which surely must be on day power long before LSR since LSR is right now in Enid a sesquimegameter northeastward. It would be very helpful if the next IRCA Mexican Log list which Grupo to which each station pertain (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 780, UT Mon Oct 3 at 0341, with WBBM nulled, discussion of Lucha Libre [fake wrestling], masks, etc., 0346 ending this segment, 0347 ID as ``Coahuila en La Hora Nacional``, on to a segment about a cantante, LuÃs somebody who is really from Matamoros, Tamaulipas, but never mind that off-topic. The only Coahuilan on 780 is: XEWGR, Monclova, 10000/250 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Sept 30 at 1206, with KQCV OKC nulled as much as possible, weak and tentative ``CaÃÃn`` mentioned, i.e. XEROK JuÃrez on much reduced power, no cannon, let alone a border-blaster any more (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BONAIRE [and non]. 800, Sept 30 at 0136 UT, on the E-W Wellbrook, a gospel huxter in Spanish is audible vs KQCV OKC. Doubt it`s XEROK which has been out of sound lately, off or very QRP. Likely PJB. Then nulling KQCV as much as possible on the DX-398, during `Focus on the Family`, I`m getting mix from another station with silly puck or ballgame in English, CKLW Windsor Ont.? Sked does not show any play-by-play sports pre-empting talk shows. Well, there are plenty of USA 800 stations allowed less than 1 kW at night.

At 0143, hymn in Spanish; 0145 a bit of ranchera music --- that could be XEROK, Ciudad JuÃrez, Chihuahua. 0146 announcement about Luis Palau â bingo! Same program logged at this time last Oct 6 as in DXLD 15-40, and traced to PJB. So I ask again, is TWR up to 450 kW yet? Unseems so. Anyhow, it`s quite possible to hear four countries at once on 800 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1846, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 980, Oct 2 at 1235, as I tune in, full ID for XEFQ, La F-Q, IMER station in Cananea, Sonora, also on FM; AM power 2500/500 watts. Correlates with 730 XE and 930 unID logs from hot-spot area at the moment, around the AZ border (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1000, Sept 30 at 0140 UT, KTOK OKC has QRM from a whoop-whoop sound, at the rate of twice per second, the pitch varying up and down from time to time --- like the curiously malfunxioning Cuban transmitters reported occasionally on various frequencies, including here? Closest and biggest of the three in WRTH is CMAM, R. GuamÃ, Pinar del RÃo, 25 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Rather it`s this one:

1000, CUBA, Radio Artemisa, Artemisa. 1535 September 29, 2016. Ridiculously wobbling away. [FTDE] (Terry Krueger, Fort DeSoto Park, Mullet Key, Florida using the IC-R75 and active loop, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Whooping it up on 1000 kHz --- The "whoop whoop" reported by Glenn
Hauser recently was audible last night at the Border Inn (US 6/50
at NV/UT border) around 0500 UT. It was quite strong on my E wire
(85 degrees) but not noted on the other wires I've got up so far
(NNW, NE, SE). Sounds like Curly Howard attempting a filibuster. 73 (Tim Hall, Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone, Sept 30, ABDX via DXLD)

I had WMVP knocked down decently last eve with the West DKAZ's. XEFV and later as we near Seattle sunset KOMO was in. However no trace of this whoop whoop. 73 KAZ Barrington IL (Neil Kazaross, ibid.) Tim, I have it all the time here in Tennessee (Kevin Redding, Crump, ibid.)

** MEXICO. 1570, UT Mon Oct 3 at 0332, XERF with `Coahuila en la Hora Nacional`, first topic ``inicio de rock & roll en Coahuila``. Heavy QRM de Missouri and plenty of other US stations abolishing this as a clear channel (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search September 30: all except the last one loop WSW, i.e. Down Under rather than Japan/FE. All these on the DX-398 with internal ferrite only:

At 1159 UT: 774, 702, 612. (Mexicans on practically every 540-770 frequency, so I listen to some of those the next few minutes, q.v.).

At 1210-1221 UT: 1035, 882, 774, 747, 594, 792, 585.

Nothing above 1035, not even 1098. However I have a higher local noise level on the high end. Today`s local sunrise: 1226 UT.

At 1215 UT, 1557 seems from NW (no 1548, 1566)
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search October 2: DU as all loop WSW on DX-398 rather than NW (except 1098 more like W = V7AB), UT:
At 1214, 774, 702
At 1216, 657
At 1217, 612, 594
At 1220, 1098
At 1223, 1503, 1512
LSR: 1228 UT. Also this morning, Richard N Allen near Perry OK managed to pull some ABC audio on 774 // RA 9580, i.e. 3LO Melbourne, Vic. BTW, DST has just started in SE Australia, moving RA programming generally one UT hour earlier, e.g. TV news simulcast weekdays to 11-12 instead of 12-13 UT (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA carrier search Oct 3, not from FE but DU:
At 1207, 702-WSW but no 774 now
At 1209, 774-WSW, 882-WSW, 891-WSW
At 1223, 738-SW, likely Tahiti. As expected, the KRMG 740 splash isn`t quite as bad now on October night pattern until 1230 UT/

I continue to detect these on the DX-398 with internal ferrite only. A complete x9-kHz bandscan (1 kHz offset with BFO) on the R75 with 100+ foot E-W longwire could not hear any of them (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

[It depends whether I wake up in time. I was awake October 6, but far too much lightning noise nearby to attempt any JBA carrier tracking]

--- End Message ---