[IRCA] 1500' Eastern Beverage termination

[IRCA] 1500' Eastern Beverage termination

Greetings,

After the weather improved today, I went out to check my antennas and
they are fine. I decided to compare my 1500' Eastern beverage terminated
or non terminated. A few weeks ago I disconnected the termination at the
far end. It seemed less directional to the East, but I wasn't sure. I
compared some frequencies this afternoon and one frequency was stunning,
980 khz. Without the termination I was getting CKNW Vancouver with a
jumble behind and with the termination, CJME Regina on top. So I find it
does make a difference. Of course the ground is sopping wet now, swamp
water everywhere in the field. My grounds all are under water. It was
hard to tell on every frequency how well it worked and it takes time to
come in, change the frequency on the R8 and now back out monitoring the
frequency using a signal generator as a transmitter, connecting and then
disconnecting the termination. Walking 3,000 feet round trip. But I will
leave the termination at the end for the time being and see how well it
does. I have an idea, the termination is frequency sensitive anyway.Some
frequencies will work better than others. But first observations seem
that the antenna is more directional to the East. This time of year I
get plenty of skip in all day.
More to follow.

73,

Patrick