Re: [IRCA] AM BCB DX………NEW COUNTRY # 38 ARGENTINA - Heard during AURORA

On 2016-10-03, at 2:52 PM, mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I managed to use up a ton of disk space recording the AM band overnight from 0226 UTC to 1241 UTC (Oct. 3), continuous. Lots to listen to of course. I haven't gotten any TOH recording schedules set up yet. I *really* need to get those set up...
>
> Speaking of disk space, is there any software out there that gives you control over the sampling rate (to help reduce file sizes)?
>
> How do most of you schedule your recordings? (TOH, BOH, +/- a few minutes each way?)
>
> I'll share later (when I get more time) some of my AM DXing memories from decades ago (late 70s, 80s).
>
> Mark Pettifor
> Goshen, IN

Mark I have 5 TB of Storage Space for my ELAD Recorded files, so I don't worry about the size of the recorded Files…what they are,  is what they are. Usually once I have extracted what I need from them, I trash the Files…..I don't keep them for Posterity. I barely have enough time to review them all , so the less work I can create for myself the better. I know some people have Files from Years ago, that they haven't even reviewed yet!! I like to hear them, review them, report them, and Trash the Remnants!! I'm getting too old to start a collection of Recorded Files.

If you don't don't have a lot of Storage Space for files, your milage may differ…..

73…ROB VA3SW