From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 2, 2016 5:10 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] October 2, 2016 West Coast DU Times - Victoria B.C. Canada

Saturday Night Country on ABC on Saturdays, but Oct 2 was Sunday even
in Oz....don't think there's a country program then?

The parallel, if there had been one, might have been ABC, as I'd
heard 4CH-603 briefly yesterday morning, so the precedent was there.

But, not this morning on 603 I don't think.   Your idea of NZ is
likely a better bet, but there was no sign on 765 at that time.

  At 23:45 02-10-16, you wrote:
>Colin's audio of 603 was pretty defy-nightly Maori (to this Pakeha's
>ears).  The only NZ'er on 855 is Rhema in Hamilton which is (a)
>highly unlikely to be relaying an Iwi station... or (b) playing
>C&W-style/folksy mx as a Christian soft-sell programmer.
>
>Doesn't ABC Local Radio have a C&W Show on weekends?  There are two
>10kW'ers in Queensland on 855...
>
>TD
>
>On 10/2/2016 3:20 PM, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:
>>At 17:31 02-10-16, you wrote:
>>
>>ummm parallel??   (though not at 1315UT)   There wasn't a useful
>>parallel on 765 at 1315 either, but the consensus about NZ may be
>>correct....it has been heard here a few times.
>>

>>>Listened from 1315 through 1410 UTC
>>>

>>>*603 KHZ* Unknown 1315 UTC - bouncy Island folk and country-western music -
>>>unlike anything "Korean" I have ever heard here. Fr. Gd. at times.
>>>  Sounds oddly "Native Island" to be  - music is quite clear - opinions
>>>appreciated. https://youtu.be/2iwH0IGsf_M
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2iwH0IGsf_M/hqdefault.jpg]<https://youtu.be/2iwH0IGsf_M>

603 mystery<https://youtu.be/2iwH0IGsf_M>
youtu.be
Island sounding music -- on a DU morning...

>>>*855 KHZ* Unknown DU - mix of bouncy folk and country music in/out during
>>>various passes - with an "English" sounding commentary
>>
>>Nick Hall-Patch
>>Victoria, BC
>>Canada

>original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
>the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers

International Radio Club of America<http://www.ircaonline.org/>
www.ircaonline.org
Web Site for the International Radio Club of America

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada