[IRCA] KFIO 1050 Dishman-Spokane, WA, equipment testing & asking for reception reports.

--- Begin Message ---
Early morning 9/22 ELT, I heard a relatively strong station on 1050 airing continuous classical music.  At 0200, a male announcer gave a legal ID as "KFIO Dishman, Spokane, Coeur d'Alene," then esaid they were on equipment testing & would like reception reports at kfio@xxxxxxxxx, or you could write them @ KFIO, P.O. Box 31000, Spokane, WA 99223.

They sounded like they were on their 260 watt night power as I could easily null them to hear CJNB-SK, & CJNB could occasionally be heard underneath.  Their transmitter is within 10 miles of my location.

After sending them an e-mail report, I checked for them at 0215 but they were off.  If they use their new CP daytime power of 26kw U1 they should be heard far & wide at SRS & SSS.  Even at their old 5kw day power they got out well.

Good luck & I hope they QSL!

73,
Stan Weisbeck
Spokane Valley, WA