Re: [IRCA] IBOC on late on 1190 obliterating WHAM

Re: [IRCA] IBOC on late on 1190 obliterating WHAM

> At 1020 pm Eastern, IBOC on 1190 is obliterating 1180
> WHAM Rochester NY and also CFGO Ottawa ON 1200. I am
> directly across the lake (Ontario) from Rochester NY,
> probably less than 100 miles.
>
> Interesting to see what IBOC will do at night to a
> clear channel powerhouse.

It is clearly audible here in Providence.  Of the two frequencies, 1200 is
better off than 1180.  1190 has a mix of two signals.  Wonder if WOWO didn't
go to night pattern/power?  Usually they are hard to get here since WLIB
bought 'em out and trashed their night signal.

It will be equally "interesting" to see what the night-time IBOC signal from
a station like WPHT-1210 will do to 166w WRIB-1220 at night.  Especially
since the potential IBOC from WRIB will fall on 1210 and 1230, both heavily
jammed frequencies.  I can easily see WRIB reduced to an interference free
contour roughly that of the guy wire radius.

I really am anxiously waiting the first lawsuit to stop IBOC signals from
interfering with an adjacent frequency.  It's bound to happen, and the
sooner the better.