[IRCA] Victoria B.C. Sept 10, 2016 TP's good show

Session from 12:20 UTC to 13:40 UTC

531 - mess of signals here during entire session but nothing rising to the
surface
558 - 1316 UTC music - likely parallel to 603 Korea
567 - Japan here the entire time
576 - Mix of stuff here but never very great audio
585 -   "   "   "   "   "
594 - Japan - the entire session
603 - Korea (assume the cheerful sounding poppy station here the entire time
612 - Australia - later in the sesh through sunrise at great levels at time
- full quieting
621 - Unid - entire time something punching away at 620 - did not hang
around
639 - A mess of a couple of different things as well as TVI
657 - DPRK - with YL harangue - have not heard this one this well since my
last trip to Hawaii
675 - Vietnam - likely the source of SEA chat and poppy music - often at
pretty good levels
702 - UNID - NHK? Pretty sure I heard some JJ here early in the session -
tons of 690Khz splat
747 - NHK - predictably large
756 - Jumble.
765 - "   "   "
774 - Japan - one of the top signals
792 - Jumble
819 - Something hammering at 820 - didn't dig down for it.
828 - NHK - Japan - big levels almost the entire time
846, 855, 864, 873, 882 - snippets of audio on all of these (would be handy
to use the SDR I have to record the band!)
891 - Lot of different things going on here - often at good levels - but
did not spend the time to dig anything out
918 - Talk in Lang, 945- Pop music, 954 JJ, 963 Russian speaking at great
levels! _ CRI I gather -
972 - KK one of the better signals of the morning
1017 - I would have guessed JJ by the way the wind was blowing this AM
1026 - Talk and music but not enough to get much out
1053 -  KK Jammer all morning with nothing else rising past it
1098 - HUGE Carrier through to sunrise - assuming Marshall Islands. Amazing
1143 - Poppy sounding music with occasional CC chatter
1206, 1242, 1251, Music and talk but largely in the mud
1287 - NHK - typically mellow talk

Between here and 1500 it was pretty tame.

Above 1500, 1566 Korea was reasonably warm but not that hot and I did not
note much of anything above that.

Just uploading a LARGE You Tube video that should be ready for viewing in
around an hour!

Radios - Drake R8 and 7030+
Antennas - FLG100 / W/NW Flag
ALA100 (N-S)

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -