[IRCA] a Few AM DX Notes from Alaska

I didn't hear Bhutan Broadcasting on 6035khz like I was hoping to on
Saturday early morning, so I went hopping the AM band.

Here is KOTZ 720 Kotzebue, Alaska with 10kw at 219 miles to my Northwest
with KDWN 720 Las Vegas very clear underneath at times. Wen KOTZ would have
dead air between the locally automated music, KDWN popped up like a near
local

Audio at 216AM AKDT/1016UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1ALWDNJkE

I had KDLG 670 Dillingham, AK with 10kw at 396 miles to my north. Pretty
decent signal with a tiny bit of chatter from a talk program. Turns out
that's "Red Eye Radio" From KBOI Boise, Idaho (I've already spoken to
KBOI's engineer and verified this was KBOI under KDLG)

Audio at 224AM AKDT/1024UTC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwx3am5ukyk

I logged Aleetian Peninsula Broadcasting's KSDP 830 Sand Point, Alaska at
660 iles south of me with 1000 watts just a few seconds before 220AM
AKDT/1020UTC

audio here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAIIoBzuTGc

KICY 850 Nome, Alaska at 255 miles away sends 50kw west to Russia at night
with 5 hours of russian programming. I've already heard back from the KICY
General Manager who tells me about 10kw comes off the backside of the
directional away towards Galena.

Here's audio from 221AM AKDT/1021UTC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKufixP4MS8

Radio was a Grundig Sattelit 750 and a 225 foot long wire.

Paul Walker

..