From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of W. Curt Deegan
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 9:42 PM
To: w4opw@xxxxxxxxx; Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America; DXFlorida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1610 signal

Not to be in the least argumentative, but is that true at the times reception reports were made?  Certainly at night, but what I saw were reports between 7 and 9 am est.

Steady signals from two sources received remote from each other -- Florida, Illinois -- doesn't seem unlikely.

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (Southeast) Florida

Powell E. Way III W4OPW wrote:

--- David Gleason <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It would seem that everyone is hearing the same
station. How likely is it
that multiple stations on one frequency would be
running test tones at the
same times on the same date?

Not very likely, however the signal was quite strong
and exceptionally stable. That would seem to rule out
multiple stations. At full 10 KW that part of the band
really skips.

POWELL

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!