[IRCA] The Man who got Me Started (Part Two)

[IRCA] The Man who got Me Started (Part Two)

My Father suffered a massive stroke Tuesday night. It affected his right
side. He has almost no use of his right leg although I think I got him to
move it this afternoon before I left. He can't use his right arm at all...he
has to use his left arm to move it. Worst of all...he can't speak. That's
got to be horrible for him as he was a BIG talker! I rmember his days on the
CB where he would talk for hours... Anyway...he slept most of the time  iwas
there which is common for stroke victims.  I slept in the chair next to him
Thursday night although I can't really call it sleep as someone came into
the room every hour or so. I was able to make him smile a few times today
with some things I said. He squeezed my hand when I left.I think only time
will tell. I hope to find out more next week and I'll keep y'all posted.

If I'm away from the computer for a while, please understand.

Thanks again for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!