Re: [IRCA] Finally nabbed KUTR

Mike,

I have to give credit to my location where I have 3 peewee locals and
living 3/4 mile from the ocean does make a huge difference. The antennas
do make a difference, but without the locale, they would not have the
effect.
   I am not sure you would like to be living here at the moment unless
you are used to our weather.  We have had tons of rain & wind already
and Winter isn't even here as yet. More rain all week into next week.
The wind storm coming in between 3 AM and Noon may have gusts close to
70 MPH. The one a few days ago had winds of 60+ MPH. This looks like it
may be a wet & windy Winter. We average 60-70 inches of rain a year and
some years we get close to 100 inches. A lot different than the
California coast. The Summers are quite nice.Very rarely any rain in
July-September. Our average temp in the Summer is 65 and in the Winter
55. Once every 10-15 years we might get a dusting of snow. Every 30-40
years, we may get a snow storm of more, but that is rare. Very rarely
any lightening. No poisonous snakes or anything like that. So the area
does have its benefits. Plus a great DX location.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR