[IRCA] TA's

Hi Everyone:

A very brief opening to Europe occurred here earlier this evening shortly after local sunset and before the US domestics had chance to fade up. For a while it seemed like most domestic frequencies were generating a het. All the frequently heard TA's were in, like 1314-Norway, UK Talksport on 1053 and 1089, UK Virgin Radio on 1215, Croatia-1134 plus the LW regulars: Germany-153, France-162 and Iceland-189. Many more frequencies carried some audio, but on most of them the signal was barely above the noise floor, so I wasn't able to get the language being used. Plus dozens of carriers. However, I did manage to garner 2 new ones, plus a relog of one of another that's rarely heard here. All times UTC

1008 Holland 11/02 01:16 with modern dance music. Male DJ speaking the Dutch language. Good signal at times completely obliterating CBR on 1010. New for me.

1107 Germany 11/02 00:41 with classic oldies. A man and a woman talking in English with US and English accents. Positive "AFN Radio" ID heard. There are 4 AFN transmitters listed in my 2005 WRTH on this frequency, two at 10kw. Good signal at times. New for me.

1269 Germany 11/02 00:23 with oldies type music. A male DJ speaking German. Great signal at times which gave a good lock on the sync detector. Not needed here, but rarely heard.

Mike in St Isidore AB with AOR 7030 & EWE's of 135 & 100'