[IRCA] Off Topic - Building a Website

Hi All,
I'm off topic again - sorry about that, but didn't really know where to turn. I'm seeking advice on putting together my own "basic" website, with tons of photos. If you have your own website please email me off the list at: oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx  I'm interested to know what "programs" or "tools" you used to build your site, who you use as a host as well as any other suggestions, recommendations and experiences. I'm seeking something fairly simple to start with as I've messed with a few free programs, but haven't had any success putting them together.
Thanks and 73- Doug