Re: [IRCA] WHJJ-920 IBOC on tonight

> Neil Kazaross wrote:
> How does it sound ? Does it sound superior to normal analog AM audio ?
73

It sounds better than the bandwidth-limited analog audio, though I don't
think it's really better than the sound of the old WJAR Western Electric
Doherty rig through a Zenith floor radio.  Especially since the coverage of
the IBOC is small enough that the analog would have a very good signal in
that radius.

For example, the 920 digital signal peters out just the far side of Fall
River.  Maybe 15 miles at best?  That's not much for a full 5kw non-d from a
good site with a taller than 1/4 wave tower.  I'm unimpressed so far.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI