From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of DXing2@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 7:23 AM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] You Can Tell that AM Radio is In a Recognition
CrisisWhen...

In a message dated 10/26/2005 10:55:55 PM  Central Daylight Time,
DXERak@xxxxxxx writes:

Tonight my wife Nina  answered the phone to find a radio survey firm on the
other end of the line.  After answering all the routine questions, she was
asked to name the stations  she has listened to in the past several days.
"WIBA
1310, " Nina replied, to  which the survey taker responded: "Is that FM or
AM?"

I received that  call a few days ago, too.  I said I listened to WFMR 106.9.

They  asked whether that's AM or FM.  I said that if it has a "point" it has

to  be FM.  The woman said she's required to ask.  Located in Ontario,  it's

no wonder she understood the calls as "WSMR."  I don't mind calls like
this,
especially if helps my favorite stations!

73, Tim Noonan
Oak  Creek WI
DXing2@xxxxxxx