From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Patrick Martin
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 3:35 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] RIP KFRC

The FCC did allow the 3 call signs to be returned back in the 80s for a
time. It was a one shot deal. KRE 1400 Berkeley CA got them back, but did
not keep them long and now they are stuck. Salem in Seattle tried to get the
"KOL" and "KMO" calls back, but no dice. The FCC said no. The only reason
KHJ got theirs back was they said "KKHJ" meant something nasty in SS and
convinced the FCC of that. I don't know why the FCC just did not tell them
to change them to something else, but they gave the 3 calls back. Why the
FCC made this rule, I haven't a clue. Maybe someone knows? I don't see why
the FCC doesn't give 3 calls back. Hey, they could double their fees for
that and make even more money!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin