To: IRCA
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 5:24 AM
Subject: [IRCA] RIP KFRC

I noted in Don Kaskey's email that KFRC is now KEAR.  They were one of the longest-lasting call letters in American AM history, and also one of the longer-lasting stations on a single frequency.  In honor of the retirement of the AM calls, here is their history.

* Signed on 24 Sep 1924 as KFRC/1110
* Changed frequency to 1120 in spring 1925
* Changed frequency to 660 in 1927
* Changed frequency to 610 on 11 Nov 1928
* Changed calls to KEAR on 18 Oct 2005

I suppose if Dr. Don Rose is gone, KFRC should be too.

Mike Hawkins