[IRCA] Nightly DX report plus a question

[IRCA] Nightly DX report plus a question

I spent 0200-0400 out on the patio, in the dark, away from the AC noise with faithful radio on knee and my Denon stereo headpinchers attached.  Here are things of note:

* KENI - 650 - Anchorage AK - There again tonight, but only strong during 0300 news.  Has only missed two nights of the past three weeks.

* WSM - 650 - Nashville TN - In very weakly at same time as KENI.  Swinging the radio around on my knee like a bataan to use the antenna to its advantage.

* WLW - 700 - Cincinnati OH - Until last night, I had not heard them in 15 years.  Now 2 nights in a row, though not as clearly as last night.

* WGN - 720 - Chicago IL - Not monumental, but hard to break through KDWN.  First time heard this season.  Still looking for WLS, and still dreaming of hearing WSCR at least once.

* KULE - 730 - Ephrata WA - Nice ID at 0207.  Lee Freshwater's log says they are 29 watts.  I've only heard them a few times.

* WBBM - 780 - Chicago IL - Weather forecast and news.  They are the easiest Chicago station for me to hear, though still not easy through KKOH and a KGO/810 spur.

* WCCO - 830 - Minneapolis - ID and weather at 0211.  First time heard this season.

* WHAS - 840 - Louisville KY - In very weakly for a few minutes just after 0400 news.

* CKBA - 850 - Athabasca AB - ID at 0356 after c&w song, then back into another one.  First time heard

* KRAK - 910 - Hesperia CA - Not long distance, but hard getting them through the "almost" null of local KNEW.

* CBW - 990 - Winnipeg MB - Nice ID at 0300

* unknown - 1020 - All talk in and out between 0300-0400, but far too weak to pull out from under KTNQ.  I'm fantasizing that it was KDKA, but who knows.

* WHO - 1040 - Des Moines IA - Blasting in tonight.

* WLNO - 1060 - New Orleans LA - ID at 0230 then back into religious programming.  Usually, only WWL is heard from there.

* KFAB - 1110 - Omaha NE - Started coming in around 0245 and still present at 0400

* KCCS - 1220 - Salem OR - 171 watts of power snuck in underneath local KNTS for about 2 minutes.

Enough of that, now for the question.  From 0355 to 0400, I was listening to a BBC Sports report on 930, then into BBC news at 0400.  KSEI/Pocatello was also present with sports though much weaker than normal.  Yakima and Edmonton are both religion (the last I knew) and KHJ/Los Angeles was blasting in preventing me from IDing this one.  My antenna was in a north-south axis.  Any ideas?

Mike Hawkins
Campbell CA