[IRCA] Excellent cx to the north

On 7 Oct 2005 at 17:57, Chuck Hutton wrote:

>My recollection is that the station was Urumqi China when they were on
>1525, but that was a long, long time ago and those memories are shrouded
>in fog and wrapped in some cloudiness too.

*** China-1525 was definitely heard by several DXers from MA to NJ in the early 1970s.  One day around sunset in the late fall of 1971, I called Gordon Nelson in Watertown.  He was VERY excited and asked if I was at home.  Unfortunately, I was at work.  He said "Oh no, if you were home you could definitely get China on 1525 'cuz they are blasting in here."  Alas, I never did get China.

Marc DeLorenzo
South Dennis, Cape Cod, Mass. ***