Re: [IRCA] IRCA Loop update 3

> What do you reckon it would do without a toroid? I may build one next week
> while I'm off, but I don't have a toroid.

Nothing at all, unfortunately.  It's the key element.  The toroid functions
as the core of a transformer.  The copper tube is a single turn primary
winding, and the #16 wire is the secondary.  No core, no transformer, no
signal.

> Thanks for the ideas. I've often thought a copper loop would work and be
> much easier to build than a wound loop. I'm going to try both next week
> though.

To be honest, I had never given it much thought until I saw the one on the
Stormwise site used to hear atmospheric tweeks.  I felt the concept would
work on LW-AM-SW and it does.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI