Re: [IRCA] Ownership of St. Louis' Offending Digital Broadcasters

Re: [IRCA] Ownership of St. Louis' Offending Digital Broadcasters

>Subject: [IRCA] Ownership of St. Louis' Offending Digital Broadcasters
>Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:13:16 EDT
>
>AM
>KFUO 850 (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod)
>
>FM
>KWMU 90.7 (University of Missouri-St. Louis)
>WIL-FM 92.3 (Bonneville International)
>KSD 93.7 (Clear Channel Worldwide)
>KATZ-FM 100.3 (CCW)
>WVRV 101.1 (Bonneville)
>KMJM 104.9 (CCW)
>
>They're considered offenders in my book; embracing a technology that fails
>to deliver on its promises.
>
>73, Eric (N0UIH)

Eric,

OK, I will bite! How can KFUO be such an offender??? That is basically the
ONLY Classical Music station in the Saint Louis market, and the main station
I listen to. I have listened to KFUO since 195r7, and I see no problem. In
fact I listened to Classical Music on KFUO AM 850 in the summers waiting for
the bus to go to work as an usher at the outdoor theatre (Muny Opera) here.
When the AM plug was pulled at sundown I switched to FM as they simulcasted.

I know you are angry big stations and conglomorates will not give you an
on-air position, but KFUO is pretty fair. I had Mike Charles help me cut a
demo tape for an announcer job there about 80 or 91. I had a call back
interview, but did not get the job. Nevertheless, I am stiilll a loyal
listener.

73 73s,

Terry Klasek