Re: [IRCA] New & Recent Cuban Loggings

Hi Mike,

I was indeed concerned about signal pick up on the
coax. While I think the performance of the EWE has
improved by adding a couterpoise ground and feeding
both ends to a Quantum Phaser, I wanted to try and
squeeze more performance out of the antenna. My EWE
isn't quite as consistent as I would like, so I
thought I would try the Bryant chokes. On a
preliminary basis, I think they have improved the
directionality of the EWE, as well as quieted the
antenna down a bit. I just installed a ~140 ft. KAZ
oriented at 40 degrees. I will probably have to wait
until next weekend to wind the impedance transformers,
the RF chokes and run the lead in. I am looking
forward to the results. I ran the lower wire at ~6
ft., so hopefully the deer in the back yard are OK
with ducking under the wire, HI!

All the best.

Craig