From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Rene' F. Tetro
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 7:42 AM
To: ABDX@yahoogroups. com; Am List; NRC AM List; International Radio Club of
America; DX Hub List
Subject: [IRCA] More IBOC In Philly

Well, the neighborhood has really gone to the dogs from 590-660 here in
Philly.  In addition to WIP running IBOC on 610 (and consequently fouling up
590-630), now WWJZ is running IBOC on 640 (fouling up 620-660).  So, we have
an entire 70 khz section of the AM Broadcast band that in Philadelphia that
is now solid noise and whistles.  You should hear the area between 610 and
640 on the dial.  It's like listening to FM white noise.  And forget trying
to hear WFAN 660 from NYC in some parts of town....even though it is within
WFAN's 0.5 mV/m primary contour.  As Bette Davis once said, "What a dump!"

73,
Rene'

Rene' Tetro
Lansdale, PA , USA