[IRCA] DX this morning

Hi everyone,

By the quality of 20 years ago, it was a fair morning. By todays
standards, a good morning.
   The highlights:

612     PHILIPPINES, Cebu City DYHP. My old friend was back at 1345 UTC
with filipino talk and phone call from female listener, giggling and
male ancr talking in tagalog, mentioned "DYHP" 9/22. Not the greatest
signal, but on top part of the time. 612 sounded like a GYer. Sound
buried by 4QR by 1400 though. (PM-OR)

891     THAILAND, Radio Thailand, good on top of jumble for a time with
man in Thai. The first time this season at 1350 UTC 9/22. Not as loud as
in the past, but still decent. (PM-OR)

963     CHINA, CRI, woman in RR at 1335 9/22 in passing. It was better
yesterday. (PM-OR)

1062    UNIDs, total mess here if 4 or 5 stations, maybe more at several
checks this morning, looking for DZEC, but nothing popped in decent
enough to ID it. I did hear CC talk on there in the mess though, but
uncertain if it was Taiwan of mainland CC, at 1342 UTC 9/22, at one
check. (PM-OR)

1179     JAPAN, Osaka JOOR, not bad in KEX's IBOC hash at 1400 UTC,
9/22. Woman in JJ. I guess if the signal is strong enough, it will
overpower the hash. (PM-OR)

1557    TAIWAN, Family Radio presumed here with man & woman in CC talk,
organ type (hymn type stuff) at 1347 9/22.(PM-OR)

1566    REP. OF KOREA, Cheji, HLAZ, loud as usual with organ mx. Was
looking for any sign of the Indian but nothing at 1358 9/22. (PM-OR)

1575    THAILAND, VOA, presume the source of the talk in passing.
Nothing else under them noted at 1405 9/22. (PM-OR)

Drake R8
MW550P Preselector
EWE antenna

A fair morning, but again nothing new logged. But it was the best TP
morning so far this season overall. I just wish I could have pulled more
out of the jumbles there.

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager