Re: [IRCA] DSP

Patrick Martin wrote:
> The only problem is you get more
> and more knobs, so you don't have time to hear the station. hi.

Yeah... I hear you.

Once I got the 599 set up, there isn't really that much fiddling.

I usually leave it in line, with the DSP off and the audio filter on.
One button press and it's in DSP mode, there is another for the auto
beat canceler (which really works, even on raspy noises usually), and
another separate button press and it's out of line.

There is a separate knob for the low and high audio rolloff, and they're
easy to adjust to clean things up. I always swing the PBT to handle the
rumble (on a crowded channel I am usually using USB/LSB and doing the
manual ECSS thing) but adjustable audio helps too, once the proper RF
filter bandwidth is selected.

It's not at all intrusive to use. Mostly it's just turn it on or not,
and the beat canceler or not (each is separate, so you can have BC with
or without DSP.)

Maybe you can find someone nearby who has one and give it a listen?
There is a manual download I on the TimeWave site:

http://www.timewave.com/amprods.html

Rick Kunath