Re: [IRCA] IBOC DX'ing

Hi Kevin -

On whose behalf does an IBOC advocate frequent a DX board and prematurely proclaim our demise?

  Many count on AM's long distance qualities. They're not DX'ers, wouldn't know the term. They would appreciate knowing who is responsible for HD/hash ruining their reception.

  Friend purchased AM/FM/CD systems. HD noise blocked formerly heard programs. Individual got it immediately: "Oh, that's so you can only listen to them." An informed audience will sink HD as Patrick aptly expresses.

  Ain't it reassuring to hear that one, perhaps two AM's are flourishing? Had heard as many as three, but what do I know? Ibiquity stands alone in claiming its computer models show no one listens to AM and half AM's could disappear unnoticed. Why does an ostensibly good product require disingenuous sales tactics?

  Bob Young from MA has good point re cynical after last several years. After 90's in general, and in specific a matter of two untimely deaths, hasty cremation, millions diverted to a greaszy HMO atop whose Providence hospital is displayed my name, not the one falsely claimed, comes a saying:

  "When you think you're being harsh, cynical, judgemental towards those who answer questions with denials and insults, press forward. You're on the right track."

   I thought, as did Bob Young, I was alone in seeing IBOC as a scheme to deny public access to free radio and drive listeners into their licensed kluge. Then I read letters which somehow slipped by Radio World censors. Was I alone? No. Original? No.

                                                              =Z.=

The last of it.

Paul Vincent Zecchino
Manasoviet Key, FL