Re: [IRCA] AM vs MW-IBOC range differences

At 07:21 PM 9/18/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Chuck,
>
>I guess I am still lost. KEX putting out IBOC hash of 625 watts? The
>hash is S9 here. That it pretty powerful for 625 watts.

Keep in mind that the spectral density of an IBOC signal is very different
from that of an analog signal. Barry, Chuck or Dan Strassberg could all
explain it in far more detail than I can (unlike them, I'm most definitely
NOT an engineer), but the energy in the IBOC signal is spread much more
evenly across the spectrum, and it varies in level much less than an analog
signal does. The effect is a signal that appears much louder and more
annoying on an analog receiver than a corresponding analog signal would.