Re: [IRCA] E-Mail Lists & The Future of the Hobby

Re: [IRCA] E-Mail Lists & The Future of the Hobby

Mike,

At the rate and average age the dxer is today, by 2050 it does not look
too promising for this hobby. At least in North America. When I joined
the IRCA back in 1968, the average age of the member was about 20 or 21.
Now it is 57 or 58. You go to conventions, most of us have grey hair.
There are a few under 40. Most are in the 50s/60s/70s.  Where the DX
hobby was full of kids, today us kids have grey hair. hi. Plus, by 2050,
I have my doubts AM radio will even exist in the mode it is. Even if
IBOC does not catch on, face it we are in a digital age. If AM exists,
it was be in some form of a digital mode. Things have changed so rapidly
in the past 20-30 years. Who knows the generation then might be DXing
stations from another galaxy. hi.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin