Re: [IRCA] KOMY radio station finds it hard to sell ads

Re: [IRCA] KOMY radio station finds it hard to sell ads

Listening online, some problems are obvious.
First, as mentioned, the new format is less than two months old, on a much
less competitive signal than co-owned KSCO.
Second, I had KOMY on for about 90 minutes from the online feed, and the
only promos they ran involving KOMY were for hockey games and weekly
shows, at least one of which would interrupt an Air America show in the
middle, cutting it in half.
The great majority of the promos were for KSCO, not KOMY.
Even the KOMNy internet feed is a link on the KSCO website, apparently
with no separate website or content.
If they wanted it to fail, they couldn't have done it better. Regardless
of anyone's political persuasion, you must believe in your own product to
sell it.
That doesn't mean you have to believe its politics, but you certainly have
to be convinced of its viability.
If I were an owner, I'd be foolish to expect advertisers to buy time on a
station, if I didn't even use its own airwaves to promote it.
Almost makes me wonder if they didn't do all this to make a point instead
of a buck.
--Rick