Re: [IRCA] DU AU cx

I sure would appreciate it if you would snip off a thousand feet or so of your antenna and send it down here.  Since the new contest started today, I have been poking around.  I have a very strong het on 558, but I can't pull any audio at all...no thanks to semi-local KSFO.  There's nothing else around from DU that I could find.  Maybe one of these years.....

Mike Hawkins

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

DU DX is pretty good this morning. The best I have heard in sometime.
The stronger signals are generally at the bottom of the band for some
reason though.

531 NEW ZEALAND, Auckland 1XPI, good with man in Samoan program at
0805 UTC 9/1. (PM-OR)
540 WESTERN SAMOA, Apia, very good at S9+ with woman in Samoan
totally dominant at 0755 UTC 9/1 (PM-OR)
549 NEW ZEALAND, Radio Sport outlet with Sports news and racing at
0745 UTC 9/1 //1125 khz. (PM-OR)
558 FIJI, good with man in Fijian at 0809 UTC 9/1 (PM-OR)
567 NEW ZEALAND, Wellington 2YA, good with talk program in passing
at 0815 UTC 9/1 (PM-OR)
576 NEW ZEALAND, Hamilton, 1XLR, fair with Southern Star prog at
0820 9/1 (presumed). (PM-OR)
639 FIJI, good with man in Fijian at 0812 9/1 (PM-OR)
648 NEW ZEALAND, Radio Rhema good with "Insight For Living" a US
based Rel program at 0812-0815 UTC 9/1 (PM-OR)
650 HAWAII, Honolulu KRTR, very strong and dominant with Soft AC,
IDs as "Continuous relaxing easy favorites on KRTR AM Honolulu" At 0804
9/1 (PM-OR)
846 KIRIBATI, very strong holding its own at times next to local
KSWB 840. The best I have heard them for years. Noted at 0752 UTC 9/1
(PM-OR)
900 HAWAII, Kahalui, KNUI, good on top of CKMO with Hawaii pops
"K-NUI" IDs at 0822 9/1 (PM-OR)

Drake R8
EWE Antenna

Back to the dials.....