-----Original Message-----
From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:28 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] OT-sorta!

At 12:50 AM 8/18/2005, you wrote:
>Art Blair from up Folsom way phoned me tonight, reporting his computer
>has gone to PC-Heaven (or the reverse).  He has a chance to pick up a
>Presario Compact Computer at a good price.  He asked me to ask you
>people on the list if they have had any experience with the Presario
>Compact Computer.  Any replies will be appeciated as he will check with
>me tomorrow evening for comments.
>
>Many thanks
>
>don kaskey  san francisco ca

Art & Don,

That's Compaq. Now belongs to HP/Hewlett-Packard.

Go with the Presario. Our home PC is that, a Compaq Presario. Bought it last
12/26 at Sam's Club when our old IBM simply could not/would not take a
reinstallation of Windows 98.

I've gone through some PCs, but I'd place the Presario at the top for
reliability. Glitches and crashes are few (new ones come loaded with Windows
NT [which has finally been cleared of instabilities of previous Windows
platforms]) and at the very least I could not recommend NOT buying one.

I've had some issues with HP's support,  but if your Compaq develops a
non-transitory malfunction, I fully expect that HP will provide
satisfaction.

Having said that, I fully recommend trying to get your current PC fixed
after you get your new one. I, for one, cannot tolerate being off-line for
more than about two days. 98% of my finances are done on-line. So I very
much want at least bare-bones functionality while getting the main machine
unbusted

That's my opinion. take it 'er leave sez I.

Charles