Re: [IRCA] High Noon Effect

Nick & Bob,

Yes, indeed Chuck got some pretty impressive DX during the day when cx
were right. Tahiti-738 and Vladivostok-1476 were fairly common in the
mid day. We talked a lot through the years and he told me of FM openings
to Korea, Japan, Australia. Hawaii is an interesting place to DX from,
outside of Honolulu that is.
   The best daytime over water I have done is in the early 70s in mid
Winter with a 600 foot longwire, I got a mix of KYAK/KORL on 650 weakly
a couple of times. I wish I would have had the antennas I have today.
You know the old adage..."If you knew then......"
   Chuck Boehnke was quite the DXer.. He is missed.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR