[IRCA] Beverage antenna changes

Hi everyone,

I recently had to make a change in my 1500 foot Eastern beverage antenna
I have used since 1984. The neighbor that owns the property is
installing a new fence and I had to raise the first 1/3 of the wire up
about 12-15 feet. I was quite carefull to bring the ends down at a
slight angle with the least amount of vertical sloping. There are a few
sags in it as there are not supports where I want them, running from
tree to tree along the way. I have found some interesting changes in the
wire. I don't know if it is farther away from the old fence wiring for
the first 1/3 (500 feet) or the height.  Maybe both,  But many stations
are not dominant like they were, especially several Portland stations at
night. 970 (5KW) is wiped out by Spokane WA in one case. 620 (10KW
night) is being QRM'd by Regina, Sask. I noticed during the day that the
Longview WA stations located about 45 miles to the East are weaker too.
Apparently the lobe has changed. It seems for the better too. It will be
interesting to check this over the next few weeks as DX conditions
improve as it gets towards Fall. But what I have heard tonight has been
surprised. I have been hearing KWKH Shreveport LA mixing with CKWX a lot
of the evening. I have heard it in the past on occasion, but not like
this. CKWX was dominated at night much more. During the day now off the
beverage, CKWX is not heard. THe nulls sure seem much tighter.  More to
follow.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin