Re: [IRCA] KPH

> > Doug; try KSM on 500 khz. ive had it on  6 and 12 megs SW. ive also
> > heard WLO but not the other west coast stations. noise from Dennis
> > remains kind of high but will try again in a few minutes. RCW

I just spent an hour working the various freqs. Location is in
Tampa FL using a DX-375 RS with 8-foot built-in whip, indoors,
which works decently on SW. It has a decent BFO and tunes to
1 kc steps. Built-in ferrite on LF and MF.

I did not hear anything on the LF band (426 to 500). I thought I'd
hear WLO. Have to keep on it for a while. I know the rcvr system
was working well on LF as I had zero-beat from "AM" on 388, and
zerobeat from Navtex-518, quite loud, and some other beacons.
Fortunately the skies clear and T-storms not bothering here..

I did hear the following: KPH hrd on 4247 with a RST 449 signal,
on 6477 and 8642 about the same level, 559 to 579 with
fair fading, sending long message describing the xmtg station
at tune-in, later a marker.

KSM heard on 6474 with a 569 signal, had a hand-keyed msg
from Norwegian Govt via LGN, otherwise a marker tape. The
mkr CW was maybe 25 wpm here, the others maybe 20 wpm.
Piece of cake. I have a good bit of them on tape.

KLB hrd on 6411 with a 579 signal with marker tape.

WLO, NMC and NOJ not heard. I'll try WLO again.

Great fun to hear these stations.

- Bob (who once worked at ITT Radio's WSL "Amagansett Radio")