Re: [IRCA] cc crane radio

I haven't taken my S350 for out for a ride in the car to see how it is in the country, but for FM, I think its unacceptable if there are any mid-high power stations close by.  I have 50KW stations on 103.3 and 104.1 about 10-15 miles from me.  I have either the two stations or QRM from the two stations from 102.5 to 104.9.  It has good sensitivity, but I can't say anything good about the selectivity in an urban area.  If they had capability to turn down the RF gain when necessary on FM rather than just AM/SW, it would be a definite improvement.

I have refrained from giving a review of the radio in general until I got out in the country to put it through its paces, but since there are questions now, I'll come out of the woodwork on the subhect.

Mike Hawkins

"Kevin R. in Gilbert, AZ" <amfmdx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks. The S350 looks like it will do the trick for me. How does it
> work on FM or SW?

Its very good on FM and very well mannered even with a outdoor antenna
attached. No images. You have to get a Euro to F adapter though to connect
an outdoor antenna.

SW is ok.

Kevin