Re: [IRCA] KIQS-1560 off the air

Rich,

When in doubt.....Google!

Here's your 1580 in Vacaville.  Tis not a pirate.  Its what I said it was (low-power).

http://radio.go-vcs.com/media/radio/Radio/coverage.htm

Mike Hawkins
Tracy CA

Richard Toebe <rtoebe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey ya'll... back to the thread (hi)... KIQS was noted on with SS
programming this morning.

On the 1580 mystery: had the SS at 7 am top of hour, with long winded promo
for some sort of event (very weak, then heard what sounded like "K-E" then
crashing sound. That COULD be KBLA, but does not necessarily mean this is
the midday SS I have been hearing.

On the other hand, Vacaville has a PIRATE on 1580... heard it getting louder
and louder as I drove closer to "downtown" this morning (I-80 and Elmira
Rd/Mason St, near the main Post Office)... trad. jazz, long sets, no ads,
just occasional singing IDs that sound like "PTS Radio, Vacaville". Signal
carries maybe a couple of miles. Not audible at my home on the edge of
town. Just that SS signal, hi.

Rich Toebe
Vacaville CA