Re: [IRCA] Finally!!!!!!!!!

Patrick,

Its not too common here either (I don't think) based on my limited knowledge.  On 6/13, I had a nice opening into the NW.  It was also reported there as an opening down here.  That day, I logged Eugene, Portland, Seaside (KCYS), Gleneden Beach, Cannon Beach, Astoria, Newport, Camas WA, Seattle WA, Wenatchee WA, Victoria BC and Powell River BC.  All but two were 99 MHz and below.  I went to the upper end, nabbed a few and heard the window closing as I was listening.  It completely evaporated, but it was fun.  I keep hoping for more soon, but I don't know how it starts, when, how long it lasts, what frequencies will be affected, and how to predict (or even attempt a lucky guess) about it.  Nevertheless, its fascinating.  I'm wearing out the tuning knob on the car radio!

Mike Hawkins

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,

Boy was I off. hi. No wonder the traffic was heavy. A bit different than
20 years ago. FM DXing can be fun. I was really into it in the 70s,
also TV DX. I still dabble in it at times, but e skip is not too common
in the NW.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin