Date: 06/09/05 19:00:27
Subject: Re: [DXFlorida] WSBR 740 IBOC off, among others.

Hi Curt-

What, no IBOC? 970 WFLA runs IBOC weekdays, weekends usually not, allowing 980 COCO to be heard. That you mention it, WFLA 970 IBOC seems off air today.

  Your thoughts on IRCA IBOC postings re power levels in 1st adjacents?

  26db down seems right, if one places any stock in calibration of R-390 & 51J-4 meters. 970 'FLA usually pulls 60+ with adjacents running 40 db noise.

  Prompts obvious quextions, why bother with IBOC? Why promote low power digital signal of intrinsic short range? Why so many accountants and venture capitalists on Ibiquity board? Contemplating assaulting Ether with techno-turkey - as credible radio people call it - hoping unlimited funds produce victory?

  Why such high interference from allegedly low power?  Happy for your good fortune re FL E coast IBOCs MIA.

   As with twin spectral polluter BPL, IBOC long obsolete, failed product 'rushed to market', long superseded by non-interfering technologies of high caliber.  As to why FCC felt so compelled to indulge Mr. Struble one can only speculate.

   As one broadcaster stated, IBOC is a mere ploy to wipe out competition.

                                                              -Z.-

Paul Vincent Zecchino
Manasoviet Key, FL
BT