[IRCA] Greetings from Rogers Pass, BC

where the DX ain't!  Reception in the mountain areas of southern BC is
horrible, even with the big Kiwa loop.  Trail and Kelowna were just as
stinky as Rogers Pass, DX-wise.  The Okanagn stations don't get out
well at all.  Vernon seems to have better reception than points
further south in the Okanagan Valley.

Not much news to report.  The Environment Canada stations on
1260-Sicamous and 1580-Revelstoke are active.  The old TIS on 1230 at
Rogers Pass is still running OC several years after someone thought
they shut it down.  Maybe I'll tell them about it tomorrow.  This will
be the funkiest GYDXA record yet.  The transmitter site appears to be
next door to my hotel, though I have heard the OC a few miles away...

The city of Revelstoke has a TIS on 89.9 FM.  Too bad all of the signs
say 97.1...

Rumor has it that one or more of the old TIS stations in Jasper
National Park are active again.  I'll find out next week...

73, Tim Hall