Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Wobbler Xtreme on 910

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Wobbler Xtreme on 910

Paul,

It is interesting you can not hear the Wobbler.  Despite the strong static today, which prevents recognizing what slight audio seems to be present, the Wobbler still is often audible with no special effort beyond withstanding the crashes.

When you use the SSB de-tuning technique I don't think any other station is necessary on the channel for the Wobbler to be heard.  I have detected a Wobbler when the beat note created by the technique produced no indication of another carrier on the frequency -- though at other times the Sub Audible Heterodyne of two off-tuned stations can be heard along with the Wobbler (which is assumed to be one or the other of the two carriers).

As to the identity of the source, as I mentioned last night, I had no hint of R.Reloj underneath the Wobbler.  In the past when the Wobbler was on a RR freq., the tones and code were easily audible.  Today I have not heard any clue of RR, though conditions are somewhat worse and it is daytime...just for the record.  When I have heard anything it seemed to be music, but unidentifiable under the circumstances.

I shall place my ear against the speaker and suffer the potential for injury from crashing static, to see if there is anything more to report.  I've been following this most closely with the R30, which has no noise blanker.  I'll spend a little more time on the NRD-535 and phased aerials to see if there is more to hear.

Stay tuned...

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (South East) Florida
[JRC NRD-535D, LF Engineering H-800 & M-601,
  Quantum Phaser, ANC-4 noise canceler, GAP DSP]
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/wobbler/