[IRCA] IBOC

Title: IBOC
I remember being on this list years ago begging you all to comment on 99-325 which is the IBOC item on the FCCs agenda. I begged and begged you all to comment. Very few of you did.

Why are you all so upset when it happened and many of you never lifted a finger to stop it?

I am sure you all will be upset with me as you always are but I have to say now, “I told you so.”

Since its here, all your expensive Drake R-8s, R-390s, Sony 2010s, ICOM R-75s will be pretty much neutered on the MW band due to all the crap on the air.

My advice, you can go three ways with this.

  1. Write your congressman and senator and tell them you want to get rid of IBOC.
  2. When an IBOC radio finally gets sold, buy it and DX IBOC.
  3. Stop whining and DX analog until there is no more analog.

I did tell you this day was coming and I did ask you all over and over to comment. I have no idea why you all are complaining when most of you didn’t lift a finger to comment when the window was open. I commented all through the time the window was open. The names of the commenters are readily available at the FCC site. I know I have the right to bitch up a storm about it, I made my thoughts known.

If I was a BOD member here I would be more likely to accept what’s coming, and look forward to DXing IBOC because that’s what we are all going to get. If I was a BOD member I would stop whining about it. Not enough of us made our opinion on it known to the FCC and IBOC is here. Whining about it here and not telling your congressman what you think about it is not productive.

Me, I am waiting for the Boston Acoustic Recepter that receives IBOC to come out so I can DX IBOC.

Make the best of things and stop whining. The time to stop IBOC has passed. Its time to look to the future.

I know the flames are coming. I’m putting on my Nomex ? underwear.

Kevin