Re: [IRCA] Augmentations to standard directional pattern

I don't think that could have been explained better. Thank you very much for taking the time to educate me about this. Directional MW antennas fascinate me and I'm trying to learn some about them. I have Patrick Griffith's book which I think was very well done.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Augmentations to standard directional pattern

When a station applies for a directional pattern, the allocation study and application contains what the commission calls a ?standard pattern.? This is essentially what the ideal pattern should be given the parameters in the application. This is not always what results in the real world. Due to reradiation from other towers and buildings, terrain considerations, and so on, the final pattern as built may be slightly different from the ?standard pattern.? These differences are augmentations?or variations from the ideal. They are usually insignificant distortions of the pattern.