Re: [IRCA] [AMFMTVDX] Should Skywave Listening be protected?

Re: [IRCA] [AMFMTVDX] Should Skywave Listening be protected?

Paul,

With all of the probable problems and the cost involved, I don't see
IBOC going anywhere. But of course, big business will do what they want
as they always have. As a dxer, of course I am against it. Any dxer
would. As far as upsetting stations by comments, we should keep it fair
and decent. No name calling. it doesn't help anyway. You know the old
adage "You get more bees with honey....sort of thing. Anyway, it doesn't
make any difference what we dxers feel or in most cases even the
engineers at the stations. One CE I know is installing IBOC in the near
future in KCVR Lodi CA. He doesn't like it and he doesn't feel it will
last, but he has to make a living like we all do, so he does the job.
Probably in the future he will be paid to take it back out. hi. Sure the
media is going to hype it up. My partner, who passed away in 2002 wrote
for Radio World for a long time. I attended several NAB conventions. Of
course RW is going to be pro IBOC as they get the ad money. It all comes
down to money as we all know. What can we do about IBOC? If an IBOC
station QRMs another station you listen to, call the station and have
them make the complaint. Complaints from the QRM'd station will have a
lot more weight than what you or I could do. I doubt very much that the
FCC cares about some person who contacts them about interference anyway.
We just sit and wait this thing out. It will fly or not fly. We will
know soon enough.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin