Re: [IRCA] [DXFlorida] Re: Wibbledy Wobbledy goes Fido's Wobbly

Re: [IRCA] [DXFlorida] Re: Wibbledy Wobbledy goes Fido's Wobbly

David,

I have begun just such an effort to map Wobbler locations as you suggest.  The still minimal progress of which can be seen on the Wobbler web site:
Missing from this map is one other station that has been DFed, but is located at the same location as one of the two shown.  So for now, there are no other Wobbler sites that have been verified than those two.

One obvious caveat, I am assuming that Cuban is the source of the evil Wobbler.

The challenge in this endeavor is that each frequency where the Wobbler has been heard -- I have a list of 14 -- often has more than one Cuban station at different locations.  So until the Wobblers can be DFed, just what to plot on a map is unknown.  Even where only one station is shown on a given frequency in the WRTH and other info sources, I would like to DF it to satisfy myself that what I read and from where I heard, seem to coincide.

I also have to contend -- from my Palm Beach County location -- with intervening 24/7 Miami area stations that make DFing difficult if not impossible.

All this said, I plan to continue the effort and would welcome any specific map locations from others who have been able to nail down Wobbler locations.  I'd love to have a well filled map from which to postulate causes and possible nefarious purposes.

Thanks for the suggestion,
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (South East) Florida
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/wobbler/