Re: [IRCA] CAL. DEAD STATION LIST (KISN/Portland)

Re: [IRCA] CAL. DEAD STATION LIST (KISN/Portland)

Doug,

You're right, depending on your way of thinking.  Here's the breakdown.

KVAN - 910 - Vancouver (39)
   to KISN (58-59)
   deleted (75-79)

KKSN - 910 - Vancouver (2/11/80)
   to KFXX (4/1/98)
   to KOTK (3/25/04)
   currently on air
The first one was shut down, and because its prime radio real estate in the Portland market, another station grabbed the allocation while it was hot.  I thought it was related to payola (from some ancient reading), but a Google search just now turned up a page that covered its demise with references inetead to politics and faked contest results.

http://members.tripod.com/kaar1700/91wonderful.html

Happy reading!

Mike Hawkins

Doug Pifer <oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unless I'm thinking with a different criteria, 910 Vancouver still exists. I believe from 1998 till present, they were KKSN, KKFX and KOTK.  Was // to KSLM.
73- Doug

KVAN/910/Vancouver (39) - died as KISN (75-79)

Yahoo! Mail Mobile