Re: [IRCA] Heard all MW stations in Maryland!

Re: [IRCA] Heard all MW stations in Maryland!

Patrick,

         Not so funny story here. Somewhere prior to 1972, I recall a
winter MM (Modesto, CA) when I heard an UNID station on 890. WLS wasn't in,
or else it was off. Anyway, someone was giving a weather report for areas
in Alaska. Back then, the only reference I had was a WRTH (I think).
Regardless, I never figured out which station it might have been. Years
later, while in the military and on Okinawa, I visited the Far East
Network. The man who gave me the tour had a book about the history of AFRTS
and its stations. That's when I came across the Adak station on 890 kHz and
several other stations (presume they were relays or only for local
reception). Anyway, no guarantee it was Adak, still......

Mike